Kayseri Archeology Museum, which was opened on March 1, 1930, operated as a “Warehouse Museum” until 1937. After the chronological and scientific classification of the works, it was opened to the public in 1938.
In 1948, with the initiation of systematic excavations in Kültepe Kaniş / Karum, 22 km northeast of Kayseri, under the direction of Prof Dr Tahsin Özgüç, the number of artifacts uncovered began to increase. With the proliferation of works purchased and donated from the environment, space shortage occurred in the exhibition areas and warehouses. In 1965, the construction of the museum building used today started and it was opened to visitors on June 26, 1969.
Adres / Address:
Seyitgazi Mahallesi Ahmet Yesevi Bulvarı No:23 Kayseri
Telefon / Phone:
+90 352 222 2148
Web Sitesi / Web Site: