The madrasa, one of the typical examples of Seljuk architecture, was opened to visitors as the “Stone and Wood Works Museum”. It was built by Vizier Sâhib Ata Fahreddin Ali during the reign of Seljuk Sultan Izzeddin Keykavus II between 1258-1279. Its architect, Keluk b. Abdullah.
It was opened as a museum in 1956, and still, stone and wood works belonging to the Principality, Seljuk and Ottoman Periods are exhibited.
In the museum, the construction and repair inscriptions written with the carving technique on stone and marble belonging to the Seljuk and Karamanoğlu Period, high relief reliefs of Konya Castle, door and window wings decorated with geometric and floral motifs made with various wooden materials, wooden ceiling hub samples and Tomb witnesses and sarcophagi carved on marble are exhibited.
The most beautiful examples of double-headed eagle and winged angel figures, the symbol of the Seljuks whose capital city is Konya, are also exhibited in this museum.
Adres / Address:
Hamidiye Mahallesi Alaadin Bulvarı No:15
Telefon / Phone:
+90 332 351 32 04
Web Sitesi / Web Site: